Meet the Chef:
Returning to the Madison Valley Ranch after two seasons as Sous-Chef, Matt Pease heads up the kitchen as Executive-Chef. Following formal training at the Pennsylvania Culinary Institute, Matt honed his skills in kitchens up and down the East Coast working under several industry leaders in a variety of dining settings. He has a love for seasonal sustainable practices, working with small producers, and utilizing fresh products at peak season. Expect creative and delicious dishes with great attention to detail and innovative use of local ingredients. When not serving up gourmet meals to MVR guests you can often find him wetting a line on the Madison or tying flies!
- Coconut macadamia nut banana bread French toast
- Eggs Benedict with local ham and a lemon-chive hollandaise
- Fresh herb, mushroom, and feta frittata
- Caramelized apple and roasted pecan buttermilk pancakes
- Local sausage, fresh chive and white cheddar omelet
- Daily homemade pastries
- Local bacon and sausage
- Hot oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon and blueberries
- Fresh sliced fruits and berries
- Locally raised Bison Meatballs with smoked tomato and fresh basil
- Crispy Calamari topped with a lemon-caper remoulade
- Asian Chicken Satay served with a ginger and peanut sauce
- Pulled Pork Nachos accompanied with homemade coleslaw and chipotle cream
- Housemade duck confit salad with roasted grapes, Amaltheia Dairy whipped chevre, and toasted hazelnuts tossed in a charred orange and carmelized-honey vinaigrette
- Locally-raised smoked trout salad with crispy bacon, shaved honey crisp apples, and manchego cheese with a lemon-chive vinaigrette.
- Thai beef salad with a sesame ginger vinaigrette, shaved garden fresh carrots, roasted cashews, and crispy red onions.
- Salad of roasted pheasant, crispy pancetta, aged white cheddar, and local organic lettuces tossed in tomato-tarragon vinaigrette.
- Housemade smoked mozzarella, shaved prosciutto, fresh basil, organic tomatoes, hearts of romaine, and herbed croutons with an aged balsamic dressing.
- Locally-grown organic spinach salad with strawberries, marcona almonds, and crispy prosciutto.
- Roasted pheasant and local chanterelle mushroom soup, with lemon zest, chives and parmesan reggiano
- Pan seared Sea Scallops with a citrus-soy buerre blanc and a roasted chile glaze
- Homemade raviolis stuffed with local goat ricotta cheese, lemon-herb roasted free-range organic chicken and fresh herbs, topped with a fennel pollen and roasted tomato sauce
- Grass fed Montana-raised natural Beef, charbroiled and sliced atop a potato and artichoke gratin, accompanied by a roasted seasonal vegetable ragu, topped with a fresh thyme and morel mushroom sauce
- Locally raised natural Pork Tenderloin roasted and wrapped in pancetta, served a top a sweet corn and smoked tomato risotto, topped with a caramelized shallot and sage jus
- Macadamia nut crusted fresh Mahi-Mahi, served a top a sweet potato cake, with a mango-red pepper salsa and a citrus buerre blanc
- Chocolate truffle tart, served with homemade burnt-orange ice cream and raspberry cointreau sauce
- Warm apple and bourbon bread pudding, served with a maple anglaise, cinnamon whipped cream, and almond lace cookies
- Wine-poached Washington Pears served with citrus mousse, hazelnut praline shortbread cookies, and a caramelized honey and lime glaze
- Blackberry buttermilk panna cotta, topped with berries and mint compote
For more details about the beautiful Madison Valley, where we source many of our local and organic ingredients, check out Our Backyard.